UPDATED to Patch 1.2!
This guide shows how to get your large scarecrow on the western continent. It assumes you have already completed the small scarecrow and donkey quests.
Trade Run: Lilyut to Marianople
Trading Guide Edward at Windshade in Lilyut Hills will offer this quest after you complete your donkey quest. You have some planting to do (unless you plan to use the trading post).
You cannot use public farms for this step.
Plant your olives and azaleas.
You’ll ultimately need 12 olives and 50 azaleas.
- Buy and plant 4 olive saplings (Sapling Merchant sells). Put them in the corners so they’ll fit.
- Buy and plant 13-18 Azalea Seeds (Seedling Merchant sells)
- Water the azaleas and harvest them as soon as possible. Water is free from wells.
- Your olives are probably not yet “fruited” at this step, but use the apple icon to pick your olives when they are.
Get a headstart on the next pack.
- Buy 13-16 mushroom seeds (Seed Merchant sells)
- Buy 60 narcissus seeds (Seed Merchant sells)
- Plant as many of the mushrooms and narcissus as will fit.
- Water everything. Water is free from wells.
- Continue harvesting/planting/watering cycle with the mushrooms and narcissus until you have your 12 olives.
- After that you may want to cut down your olive trees to make more room.
Make Lilyut Cooking Oil
- When you have your 50 azaleas, buy 5 Blue Salt Knives (General Merchant sells) and right-click your stack of azaleas until you have 50 dried flowers
- Go to the specialty workbench north of Windshade.
- Buy a Quality Certificate (General Merchant sells)
- Make your pack.
Head south to the carriage at Windshade and follow the images for the correct route.
Once you arrive at carriage driver Meus, it’s just a short walk south to Marianople and the turn-in.
After you drop your pack off at Marianople, head back to Trading Guide Edward (Windshade, Lilyut Hills) to turn it in. He’ll give you the followup quest Trade Run: Dewstone to Austera, with your Large Scarecrow as the reward.
Trade Run: Dewstone to Austera
This quest takes you across the seas and to the enemy continent. If you die too far from the turn-in, other players will be able to take your pack and you’ll need to make another one.
Decide how you’ll get there.
Before you make your pack, you need to figure out how you’re going to cross the ocean. Here are your options:
- Swim. Slow as hell and you’ll likely run into level 35 and 50 sea creatures. NOT RECOMMENDED
- Get your rowboat and row. Also slow as hell, and likely PvP fodder. Doable if lucky but NOT RECOMMENDED
Craft your Dewstone Distilled Liquor pack.
- You should now have 190 narcissus and 50 mushrooms.
- Buy 5 Blue Salt Knives (General Merchant sells) and right click your mushroom stack until you have 50 medicinal powder.
- Follow quest markers to Dewstone Plains. This pack can only be crafted there.
- Buy a Quality Certificate (General Merchant sells) and craft the pack.
Time to cross the sea.
You do not need to actually hand in the pack to receive quest completion, so make sure you’re not repeating the run needlessly if you die.
Once you’re successful, return to Trading Guide Edward (Windshade, Lilyut Hills) for your Large Scarecrow reward.
If you found this helpful and would like to donate, the button is below.